Technical Safety Services provides a broad range of radiation safety services. In an effort to assist clients to comply with regulatory standards, TSS’ radiation safety consultants provide services ranging from radiation safety training to on-site calibration of radiation detection instruments. TSS' equipment calibration, radiation safety training and detection programs are designed to provide clients with total radiation safety support to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. Additionally, TSS is specifically licensed by the California Department of Public Health to provide radiation protection customer services.
Our radiation safety services are managed by Mike Schoonover, a senior health physicist with over 25 years of experience in the radiation safety industry. His wealth of experience includes consulting for leading industry and academic research institutions, as well as holding former positions as a radiation safety officer at UC Berkeley and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
Radiation safety services provided
- Radiation safety training services for radiation workers, radiation safety personnel and auxiliary personnel
- Laboratory radiation surveys, contamination detection/removal and spill response services
- Radiation producing machines: inspection, training, assessment and written program development
- CALIBRATION of radiation detection and measuring instruments (services performed on-site or at TSS)
- Sealed source leak testing
- Radioactive materials licensing, response to State CDPH inspections and corrective actions
- Radiation Protection Program development, planning and annual program review
- Decommissioning surveys and reporting
This is only a fraction of the comprehensive cleanroom testing and certification services we offer. We hold ISO 9001 certification and serve customers across a wide spectrum of industries, including biotechnology, academic research, laboratory animal science and aerospace. Click here to learn more about the capabilities we can bring to your facilities.