Laboratory Animal Research Ventilated Enclosures
Animal research laboratories require a wide variety of biosafety enclosures to ensure researcher and animal safety. TSS offers comprehensive testing, certification and maintenance of laboratory animal condos, cage changing stations and other HEPA filtered, ventilated enclosures. All testing is performed in accordance with established TSS SOPs, which are updated to remain compliant with applicable federal and international safety guidelines, current good manufacturing practices [cGMPs], and our own ISO 9001 certified quality system. Our experienced team is authorized to perform warranty repairs for all major equipment manufacturers.
Primary tests performed include:
- Inflow velocity measurements – ensures a safe inflow is maintained for operator protection
- Downflow velocity measurements – documents the air in the work area is unidirectional and functioning as designed, preventing cross contamination
- HEPA filter integrity testing – documents leakage or defects and ensures HEPA filters provide required filtration
- Site installation testing and alarm calibration – assesses appropriate procedures for the installation of units for NSF and OSHA compliance
Optional tests include:
- Non-viable particle counting – performed in accordance with ISO 14644-1 and reports the amount of particulate, if any, within the work zone
- Fluorescent and UV light testing – ensures fluorescent lighting levels are sufficient to prevent operator fatigue and UV lighting operates adequately
- Electrical safety testing – ensures the unit is electrically grounded
- Pressure decay and cabinet integrity testing – establishes structural integrity and confirms contamination cannot escape through welds and joints
- Vibration testing – ensures animal safety
- Sound testing – verifies hood operation/usage will not contribute to worker fatigue
For more detailed information or to schedule services, please contact your local TSS representative today.